DDNA is committed to the ongoing education of its members. To that end, DDNA offers continuing education specific to IDD nursing through its annual education conference and through its Free-Member Courseware.
Each of the Free-Member Courses offers Nursing Continuing Education accredited by the Ohio Board of Nursing.
Following is a list of some of the Free-Member Courses offered through your membership in DDNA.
Free Member Courseware
- Aging Gracefully
- Aging in IDD
- CBC Interpretation
- Collaborative Primary Care
- Congenital Heart Disease in Down Syndrome
- DDNA at 25
- Dual Diagnosis
- From Here to Eternity…Where do we go from here?
- ICF Update
- Infection Prevention Strategies for Community Living
- Innovations in Care Coordination in the Community
- Innovations in Care Coordination in Hospitals
- Integrating Disability Education
- Lab Test Interpretation
- Medical & Dental Desensitization Techniques
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Physical Nutritional Support
- Promoting Successful Transitions
- Root Cause Analysis
- Standards of DD Nursing Practice
- The Missing Link: Nursing in IDD
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Writing for Publication
Continuing Education FAQ's
The education requirements for certification renewal are found on the certification renewal page.
If you are not a member of DDNA or recently became a member at conference, please email [email protected] to request your username for log-in.
DDNA is glad to help publicize free IDD-specific education programs that would be of direct interest and benefit to its members. Please send us information about the education program via the email feature on the Contact Us page of this website.
Membership in ][[[[DDNA is on an individual basis. One membership entitles one person to the free developmental disabilities nursing courses.
If you are unable to see your certificate, be sure that you have Adobe Reader installed on your computer. You can download it free from www.adobe.com/products/reader. If you can see your certificate, but not print it: click “File” at the top left-hand side of your screen, then click “Print.” If it still does not print, and your printer is plugged in and operational, email DDNA: [email protected]