SEEKING RESIDENTIAL RNs for Queens/Nassau/Suffolk Counties, New York – Life’s WORC
Life’s WORC is Seeking Residential RNs for ID/DD group homes in Queens, Nassau and Suffolk Counties, New York
This is a great opportunity to join One of the Best Companies to Work For in NY State (2016, Society of Human Resources). Basic duties include the overall well-being of individuals with developmental disabilities, monitoring of medications, oversight of doctor visits and compliance with all of OPWDD Regulations. Each RN will provide services for a cluster of three or four group homes.
Life’s WORC cares about our employees. We will provide you with a supportive work environment and give you every means necessary to succeed. This position is a Mon – Fri flexible schedule (based on the needs of the residents) with weekends and holidays off. Comprehensive family medical and dental coverage is included (less than $80 per month cost to you). Your benefits package will also include 31 PTO days per year, enabling you to have the perfect work/life balance! The annual salary range for this positions is $62K – $64K plus bonuses. To apply, send letter of interest and resume to: [email protected].
- Three years’ experience as a Registered Nurse. Experience in ID/DD preferred.
- Valid New York State Registered Nurse’s License
- Valid NYS driver’s license
- Provide nursing care and treatment for emergency and minor malady relief. This includes performing assessments, first aid treatment, changing dressings and administering medications.
- Collaborates with all health care professionals, pharmacies, labs and hospitals and coordinates care to ensure all health care needs of the individuals are met.
- Attends pertinent medical and psychiatric appointments to advocate for the individuals to ensure appropriate treatment plans & ensure compliance with current Standards of Care and State Regulations
- Check monthly medication order for accuracy and monitor for adequate supply of medication in the residence at all times.
- Ensures fiscal responsibility around medication ordering.
- Train and certify AMAP staff on medication administration as per State Regulations
- Communicate with families regarding medical issues.
- Provide 24 hour telephone triage on-call services, weekdays (carrying cell phone) and appropriately notify the RN Director in the event of emergencies.
- Responds to emergencies by assessing situations and directing intervention. Provide 24 hour weekend telephone triage on-call services in the event of the weekend Telephone Triage RN consultant vacancy.
- Develop annual written Nursing Plan of Care, health and physical development, PCP and goal plans for each
- Individual plus updates as needed. Provide staff training in a timely manner and ensure understanding of all Plans of Care.
- Assist in interview process of candidates for medical support counselor position.