The 2016 Education Conference – San Diego, CA
DDNA’s 24th annual education conference was held in April 2016 at the beautiful Hyatt Regency Hotel in San Diego, CA!
*Conference Registration begins at $435 (members) & $545 (non-members).
*Pre-Conference Day programs are offered at an additional cost – registration begins at $170 (members) and $200 (non-members).
The Hyatt Regency Hotel offers luxurious accommodations just minutes from the beach in San Diego! Wonderful sunshine and beautiful bay views will greet you each morning. Room rates are $149/night – single or double occupancy.
Interested in speaking at DDNA’s 2017 Annual Conference?
2016 Conference Overview
The 2016 conference theme is DD Nurses: Charting Our Course! As the premiere resource for practicing I/DD nurses, DDNA is committed to providing quality education programs that include cutting edge content with practical application.
2016’s speaker line-up offers exceptional sessions – from start to finish. Just to name a few:
Dr. Daniel Sheridan will get us started with a full-day pre-conference program on assessing for possible abuse and neglect in vulnerable populations. Dr. Rick Rader will offer a keynote address to start the conference, looking at the evolution of disability care. Barb Bancroft will offer a fascinating review of neuroembryology and neurodevelopment. The conference will offer numerous breakout sessions focusing on Neurodevelopmental Syndromes, as well as the Clinical and Psycho-Social needs of the individual, and the Administrative considerations in IDD nursing. The conference will close with Megan and her mom sharing their personal stories of Living with Down Syndrome!
Target audience: Health care professionals working in the field of intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Overall objectives: The goals and objectives of the conference were:
- To present cutting-edge education on the most up-to-date practice issues and research regarding the specialty of developmental disabilities nursing.
- To provide a forum for networking and to facilitate the sharing of information to improve nursing practice in the developmental disabilities field.
- To bring together leaders and experts in developmental disabilities to engender consensus that improves the health and lives of persons with developmental disabilities.
Conference information for your employer
Does your employer need more information about the value of supporting your attendance at the upcoming DDNA conference? DDNA has two letters, both customizable, that you can give to your employer.
- Download a support letter to fill in specific sessions you would like to attend
- Download a justification letter with costs and benefits associated with attending the conference
Mark your calendars and plan to join us April 1 – April 4, 2016 in San Diego, for exceptional education in I/DD nursing – where you can renew old friendships or make new ones, dine at some of the finest eateries in the country, or simply relax in the sunshine and enjoy the best that Southern California has to offer!
For more information, please contact the DDNA office! (800) 888-6733.