Looking for a nurse? Seeking employment? Post with us!
Download our Employment Ad Form & submit to: [email protected]
Los Angeles & Pomona, CA | RN–Nurse Consultant/Full Time-Community Based
The Columbus Organization is expanding its team of Nurse Consultants in Los Angeles and Pomona, CA. Immediate full time openings for Full Time Registered Nurse Consultant serving intellectually and developmentally disabled clients in a community based setting.
Columbus offers a highly competitive salary complimented by a full, comprehensive benefits package, reimbursement for licensure, travel allowance, $1000 continuing education allowance, relocation assistance if needed and generous paid time off.
Job Responsibilities :
- Conduct home visits with clients
- Head to toe assessments
- Consult with service coordinators and interface with community clinics, skilled nursing facilities, etc.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with individuals with ID/DD
- Strong assessment skills
- Solid general nursing background
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible; adapts well to change
- Valid California Driver’s License and Driving Ability
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) preferred but not required
If interested in this opportunity please submit resume to [email protected] or fax resume to: 888-379-2524 attention Deb Juliano, Director of Recruitment
The Columbus Organization
“Because Everyone Deserves A Meaningful Life”
Shapiro Family Endowed Chair in Developmental Disability Studies
The UCLA School of Nursing invites applicants for the position of The Shapiro Family Endowed Chair in Developmental Disability Studies, a tenure-track faculty position. This appointment builds on the School of Nursing’s national and international leadership to inform care for people with developmental disabilities and their families. The Chair holder will help position the School as a champion to advance education, research, practice and healthcare policy in the area of developmental disabilities.
Requirements: Must have: 1. earned doctoral degree in nursing or related fields 2. academic credentials and leadership skills 3. meritorious program of funded research consistent with the awarding of tenure.
Applicants for the Chair holder should have skillsets to establish and promote the advancement of knowledge through work in the basic and/or clinical sciences in the area of developmental disabilities. He/She should be a highly regarded educator with a demonstrated commitment to education for the next generation of nurses to care for individuals with developmental disabilities. Also, should be academically active in strategies to improve the care and well-being of individuals with developmental disabilities.
Preferred candidates should be scientists with a current, focused research program that advances science in care of individuals/populations with developmental disability and is congruent with the mission of the School. Also, must have a distinguished record of funded research.
Applicants should submit all materials at the official UCLA website at:
To assure full consideration, applications should be submitted by November 1 2018. Position to remain open until filled.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, see: UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy.
UPDATED: Milford, MA | Part-Time Health Services Advisor
Evergreen Center is a world-class private human services organization that provides living and learning environments for persons with developmental disabilities diagnosed with multiple disabilities including Autism, physical disabilities, neurological problems and psychiatric/behavior disorders.
We are currently seeking a part time Health Services Advisor who will conduct initial and on-going trainings for staff in the areas of Health and Safety and Medication Administration, and assist the Director of Health Services with health care support in the Residential Treatment, Adult Supports, and Community Services Programs.
Evergreen Center is located in Milford, MA.
This position is part time 30 hours per week.
- Provide initial and on-going health and safety training for staff
- Provide initial and on-going medication delegation training to staff for residential treatment youth
- Provide initial MAP training and recertification to staff for adult residential supports
- Provide MAP Consultation to staff for adult residential supports as needed
- Provide annual health and safety CORE training
- Develop staff training modules and curricula on medical/neurological and other health related subject matter
- Participates in the development of special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Nursing or health related field
- Must be a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts
- Current approved MAP trainer
- Current malpractice insurance is required
- Certification in Developmental Disabilities Nursing (CDDN) preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience and/or training working with individuals with developmental/intellectual disabilities
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to further your career in Health Services!
Apply via our Online Job Center at www.evergreenctr.org.
Selection for employment is made regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, handicap, genetic information, someone who is a member of, applies to perform, or has an obligation to perform, service in a uniformed military service of the United States, including the National Guard, on the basis of that membership, application or obligation; veteran status, or any other bases protected by law.