Looking for a nurse? Seeking employment? Post with us!
Download our Employment Ad Form & submit to: [email protected]
Santa Ana, CA | Nurse – Special Health Care Needs
Participate with an interdisciplinary and multiagency team to help transition persons served moving from Fairview Developmental Center into the community. This will include attending transition meetings, reviewing medical records, revising individual health care plans, assisting to determining appropriate medical/nursing supports, and performing site visits post placement. Monitors and evaluates the implementation of the individual health care plans and intensive support services provided for persons with developmental disabilities served by RCOC and residing in Adult Residential Facilities for Persons with Special Heath Care Needs and other community residential facilities. Assists in the review and approval of facility program plans, specifically the description of the health care and intensive support services to be provided.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited college
- Valid California Registered Nurse License
- Valid Public Health Certificate
- Minimum of three to five years professional experience with individuals with complex medical needs. Experience with individuals with developmental disabilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete nursing review of comprehensive assessments for individuals transitioning into the community from Fairview Developmental
- Provide technical assistance during resource development and review Adult Residential Facilities for Persons with Special Health Care Needs (ARFPSHNs) program designs to ensure that they include written policies and procedures accompanied by competency training for the twenty (20) “Intensive Support Needs” and “Special Health Care Needs” identified in Welfare and Institutions Code, Section 4684.50 (f) and (g).
- Assist in the development of the Individual Health Care
- Provide on-going monitoring of the individual health care plans for individuals residing in ARFPSHNs and other residential facilities using the tools provided by the Department of Developmental Services and in accordance with
- Works closely, and reports to Department of Developmental Services liaison.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual site visits to ensure safety, quality and comprehensive care standards are
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual reports/related documentation in a timely manner as indicated by the Department of Developmental Service guidelines.
- Develop and expand knowledge base regarding ARFPSHN and other residential facility regulations, standards of nursing practice and other laws and/or regulations related to the medical care of those served by
- Serves as a source of information, resources and support for RCOC’s service coordinators to ensure the coordination of quality services that meet regulatory standards and the unique medical needs of each person
- Consults with RCOC staff, individuals served, their families, service providers and community medical professionals regarding persons’ served health-related needs, placement and
- Participates in interdisciplinary Transition Meetings to assist in addressing medical/nursing needs of individuals transitioning into the
- LOCATION: Santa Ana, California
- MONTHLY SALARY RANGE: $6,214 – $7,746
- PLEASE E-MAIL RESUME TO:
- [email protected] EOE m/f/d/v
Cortland, IL | Registered Nurse – Part-time
This nursing practice is directed toward assisting people with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities to achieve their highest possible level of health and independence.
Collaborates as part of the interdisciplinary team in developing, implementing, and evaluating people’s plans
Collects and documents health and functional status data for individuals supported.
Evaluates response of the person to the interventions and supports provided and revises the plan accordingly.
Responsible for educating the individuals under his/her care, family members, members of the individual’s support team and the public, including health care providers.
Provides nursing care according to the physician’s orders, in compliance with recognized nursing standards and State and Federal Regulations.
Must be a graduate of an approved Registered Nursing educational program, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Must have a valid driver’s license.
Must hold First Aid/CPR certification, or ability to obtain.
Must have ability to travel among assigned sites;.
Able to assist with a two-person lift of an adult; able to do frequent bending and lifting; push and pull 50 pounds, frequent walking, bending, and stooping.
Must have a philosophy that is consonant with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of the Organization.
Please click on the following link to learn more about our current opening and complete our online application: http://careers.