Length of Terms
The term lengths for Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer are three (3) years each. The election schedules for these board positions are “staggered,” to allow for election of one position each year.
The term length for the President-Elect is 2 years with succession to the office of President at the end of that time. The officer then serves as President for two (2) years. Election for the office of President-Elect is held every two (2) years.
2017 Election Schedule
- Call for nominations by March 15, 2017.
- Close of nominations May 15, 2017.
- Nominee interviews by August 1, 2017.
- BOD approves the slate of candidates by August 15, 2017.
- Announce slate of candidates at the Annual Conference, on the website, and in the Summer Newsletter.
- Voting opens September 1, 2017.
- Voting closes September 30, 2017.
- BOD review and acceptance of results during the October Board Meeting.
- Results announced following the October Board Meeting on the DDNA website, DDNA Facebook, and DDNA News Network.
Current nurse members, who wish to submit a nomination for office, must submit the required application and credentials to the office of DDNA by email, fax, or mail to ensure it arrives at DDNA’s office by the deadline. Applications received after this date will be disregarded.
Once approved by the Board of Directors, each candidate’s campaign information and activities shall be limited to the information displayed in the space provided by the association on the website, in the newsletter, and the time allotted at the annual general membership meeting. Each candidate is expected to conduct himself in a positive, professional manner throughout the nomination, campaign and election processes. The election is for a BOD position for the association and not a public, political election. No other campaigning (i.e., handouts, give-aways, campaign signage, etc.) will be permitted.