Elections Open April 01, 2018!
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
This is an important time for DDNA … a call for nominations for a position on the association’s Board of Directors!
As you likely realize, the DDNA Board of Directors are members of the association, elected by the membership through open nomination and voting processes. Board members volunteer their time and energy, to help lead the association and promote IDD nursing across the healthcare community at large.
In the 2018 election cycle, one Board position is up for election – the Treasurer. The Treasurer serves a three-year term, with the upcoming term beginning in January 2019 and serving through December 2021. A summary of the position’s responsibilities follow, and more information can be found on the website.
Nominations for this position open April 1 and close May 31. Following the close for nominations, the Board of Directors will review the nominees and approve the slate of candidates.
So, consider serving the association by running for a Board position! Log into your member profile on the DDNA website and make sure your membership is current today – then review the position responsibilities and nominate yourself or another qualified member today!
Board Qualifications: Qualified nominees for all Board positions shall have the credential of CDDN or DDC and shall have been a member in good standing for five (5) consecutive years as of the date of the nomination deadline. Exception to the criteria for membership tenure may be considered by the Board of Directors under certain circumstances.
Board Responsibilities: Sitting Board members must be available to travel and attend Board meetings as scheduled and participate in Board discussions as needed– both in person and electronically. The Board of Directors conducts in person meetings on a quarterly basis and electronic/telephonic meetings at least monthly and as needed. Board members must also be available for extended hours and work during the annual education conference and be available to complete position responsibilities and assigned tasks within acceptable timeframes. Nominees for Board positions should consider these responsibilities when deciding to enter the election process.
- In addition to the general Board responsibilities, the Treasurer also has the following responsibilities specific to the position:
- Maintain DDNA’s financial information, including: Bank account balances and a record/accounting of utilization of all DDNA funds.
- Review the association’s revenues and expenses. Review payables for the association. Report any exceptions to the Board.
- Process all management company invoices and/or reimbursement requests.
- Provide financial reports to the Board and general membership:
- Provide a report of financial exceptions or concerns to Board of Directors during routine meetings and as they occur;
- Provide full Treasurer report to the Board of Directors semi-annually;
- Provide annual financial statement to membership.
- Other tasks/duties as assigned by President.
Board Position: Treasurer
Nominations Open: 4/1
Nominations Close: 5/31
Candidates Slated: 8/15
Voting Begins: 9/1
Voting Closes: 9/30
Results Published: Fall Newsletter
Term of Office: January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2021