2015 Annual Education Conference in Atlanta, Georgia
Order Conference Audio Recordings
*The above link will take you to Boehm & Boehm’s website to order CDs.
DDNA’s 23rd annual education conference will be held May 1 – May 4, 2015 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in downtown Atlanta, with an additional education program offered April 30th, providing a Foundation in IDD Nursing.
*Conference Registration begins at $395 (members) & $475 (non-members). Pre-Conference & Foundation Day are additional charges.
The Hyatt Regency hotel offers luxurious accommodations just minutes from the Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International airport. Room rates are $140/night – single or double occupancy. Reservations must be made by 3/27/2015 for the current $140/night rate. This is a hotel policy – DDNA cannot negotiate for exceptions.
Visit the Hyatt Regency DDNA webpage or call (404) 577-1234 today to make your reservations – and request the group rate for the DDNA National Nursing Conference!
Important dates to mark on your calendar:
- Two full-day, concurrent conference sessions on Thursday, April 30th:
- Certification Review Course and Delegation Review Course
- Pre-Conference – full-day – Friday, May 1st
- Conference – May 2nd – 4th
Conference brochure and schedule can be found here.
For more information, contact the DDNA office at (800) 888-6733.
The 2015 conference theme is DD Nurses… Redefining Excellence! As the premiere resource for practicing I/DD nurses, DDNA is committed to providing quality education programs that include cutting edge content with practical application.
This year’s speaker line-up will offer exceptional sessions – from start to finish. Just to name a few:
Kathleen Keating will get us started with a full-day session on delegation; Dr. Ruth Ryan-Meyers will outline critical diagnostics and processes to include when evaluating a person with mental health issues; Dr. Daniel Sheridan will update us on key forensic considerations when evaluating traumatic wounds; Dr. Leslie Rubin will provide insight into breaking the cycle of health disparities; and back by popular demand – Barb Bancroft will send us out the door laughing with new information on the chaos created by hormonal changes!
Target audience: Health care professionals working in the field of intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Overall objectives: The goals and objectives of the conference are:
- To present cutting-edge education on the most up-to-date practice issues and research regarding the specialty of developmental disabilities nursing.
- To provide a forum for networking and to facilitate the sharing of information to improve nursing practice in the developmental disabilities field.
- To bring together leaders and experts in developmental disabilities to engender consensus that improves the health and lives of persons with developmental disabilities.
Conference information for your employer
Does your employer need more information about the value of supporting your attendance at the upcoming DDNA conference? DDNA has two letters, both customizable, that you can give to your employer.
- Download a support letter to fill in specific sessions you would like to attend
- Download a justification letter with costs and benefits associated with attending the conference
Mark your calendars and plan to join us May 1 – May 4, 2015 in Atlanta, for exceptional education in I/DD nursing – where you can renew old friendships or make new ones, dine at some of the finest eateries in the country, or simply relax and enjoy the best the South has to offer!
For more information, please contact the DDNA office! (800) 888-6733.