Frequently Asked Questions
New to DDNA?
Recently joined, but not sure how membership works? Here’s a few helpful tips.
- I’m a first time visitor. How can I learn more about DDNA?
- Welcome to DDNA’s website! By clicking on the different links in the green menu bar above, you can learn a lot about DDNA. Our mission is to provide advocacy, care, and education for nurses who specialize in the care of persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We welcome everyone and encourage you to keep checking this website – because there is always something new at DDNA!
- Do you have to be a nurse who works in developmental disabilities to join DDNA?
- DDNA welcomes all nurses, not just those who specialize in IDD nursing, but also those who care for persons with IDD in every other specialty area or setting, such as school nursing, acute care, long-term care, residential care, pediatrics, geriatrics, etc. We also welcome nursing students who are considering or planning a career in IDD nursing. This website is a great place to network with experienced IDD nurses and learn more about this specialty area of nursing. DDNA also has associate members who are dentists, physicians, facility administrators, educators, and other professionals who care about the health and wellbeing of persons with IDD.
- When I join DDNA, is my membership good for a whole year from when I join, or just until December 31st of the year I join?
- Your dues are good for a whole year from when you join. For example, if you join on August 15th, your membership will not expire until next year on August 15th. We will email you reminder notices before your membership expires. For more information about membership, visit the Join/Renew page.
- When is the certification exam offered?
- The certification exam is offered every year at the Annual Education Conference. If you are unable to attend the conference, you can take the exam at a Prometric Testing Center near your home on a date of your choice. For more detailed information about certification, visit the certification page.
- I have a question and I don’t see the answer here. How can I find out the answer?
- If your question is about education, certification, the annual education conference, or membership, please check out the “More FAQs” links in the right column. If your questions is still not answered, please contact us at DDNA Headquarters and ask us. We’ll be glad to answer to the best of our ability. We may even add your question to this list! To contact us, visit the Contact Us page.