2016 Annual Education Conference
in San Diego, California
*The above link will take you to Boehm & Boehm’s website to order CDs.
DDNA’s 23rd annual education conference was held May 1 – May 4, 2015 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in downtown Atlanta, with an additional education program offered April 30th, providing a Foundation in IDD Nursing.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN SPEAKING AT DDNA’S 2016 CONFERENCE?
2015 Conference Overview – 2016 Information Coming Soon!
The 2015 conference theme was DD Nurses… Redefining Excellence! As the premiere resource for practicing I/DD nurses, DDNA is committed to providing quality education programs that include cutting edge content with practical application.
2015’s speaker line-up offered exceptional sessions – from start to finish. Just to name a few:
Kathleen Keating started with a full-day session on delegation; Dr. Ruth Ryan-Meyers outlined critical diagnostics and processes to include when evaluating a person with mental health issues; Dr. Daniel Sheridan updated us on key forensic considerations when evaluating traumatic wounds; Dr. Leslie Rubin provided insight into breaking the cycle of health disparities; and back by popular demand – Barb Bancroft sent us out the door laughing with new information on the chaos created by hormonal changes!
Target audience: Health care professionals working in the field of intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Overall objectives: The goals and objectives of the conference were:
- To present cutting-edge education on the most up-to-date practice issues and research regarding the specialty of developmental disabilities nursing.
- To provide a forum for networking and to facilitate the sharing of information to improve nursing practice in the developmental disabilities field.
- To bring together leaders and experts in developmental disabilities to engender consensus that improves the health and lives of persons with developmental disabilities.
Conference information for your employer
Does your employer need more information about the value of supporting your attendance at the upcoming DDNA conference? DDNA has two letters, both customizable, that you can give to your employer.
- Download a support letter to fill in specific sessions you would like to attend
- Download a justification letter with costs and benefits associated with attending the conference
Mark your calendars and plan to join us in 2016, for exceptional education in I/DD nursing – where you can renew old friendships or make new ones, dine at some of the finest eateries in the country, or simply relax and enjoy the best the California has to offer!
For more information, please contact the DDNA office! (800) 888-6733.