2013 Annual Education Conference in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The DDNA 21st Annual Education Conference will be held at the Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia City Center with in the heart of downtown Philadelphia. For details and registration information, visit the Conference page.
Mark your calendars!
Certification Prep will be held on Thursday, April 25th, the Pre-Conferience will be held Friday, April 26th, with the Conference beginning on Saturday, April 27th and running through through Monday, April 29th.
Interested in becoming a member? Join thousands of other IDD nurses who make our organization great. Some of the valuable benefits that are free for DDNA members are:
- Membership in the ONLY association just for nurses who care for persons with IDD
- Member-only access to 70 hours of FREE online interactive IDD nursing courses ($400 value)
- Member-only access to DDNA's online newsletter - packed with info for IDD nurses
- Information about how to join DDNA Chapters and Networks around the country
- Member-only access to Online Resources in IDD Nursing (links to numerous IDD resources)
- Discounts on Annual Education Conference registration fees
- Member-only free advertising in DDNA's website classified section
- Representation in the Nursing Organization Alliance
- Membership renewal reminders by email for online renewal
- Access to DDNA's Facebook for interfacing with other DDNA members
- Access to free information about how to achieve RN/LPN Certification in IDD Nursing
- Access to the DDNA's "International Journal of Nursing in IDD"
- Annual dues of only $80/year
Join now and have access to more than 70 hours of FREE I/DD Education.
Interested in certification in the specialty of IDD nursing? Read how to become a CDDN or DDC. Details on the certification page.
Follow along with the latest in IDD news with informative articles written by and for nurses working in the field. DDNA offers a quarterly newsletter to members that contains must-read information. The most current version is available on the Newsletter page in a variety of formats, including a 'magazine' style "flipping book." View it now on the Newsletter page.
November 27, 2013
On behalf of the Board of Directors and the DDNA Executive Office, we hope that you have a wonderful and delicious Thanksgiving holiday. As they say, "Keep Calm and Gobble till you Wobble!"
... View Full Post
November 21, 2013
The Heller School for Social Policy and Management at Brandeis University and the NLM Family Foundation co-sponsored a workshop for the purpose of discussing several unique challenges faced by the growing population of individuals with autism after age 55. Topics discussed included access to medical care and health care services, as well as senior life planning initiatives for older ... View Full Post
November 18, 2013
DDNA's President-Elect Karen Green McGowan has created a .ppt presentation geared toward helping members prepare to take the CDDN or DDC certification exam. This resource has been placed on the Resource page of the DDNA website in the section on Education. You must be logged in to the website with your DDNA username and password to access the Resource Page. Please scroll down to the ... View Full Post